Who is Eligible for the Drug Court?
Henrico County Drug Court Eligibility Criteria
1. Admission is voluntary.
2. Candidates must be approved by Commonwealth’s Attorney.
3. Candidates must be currently before the Circuit Court for a Show Cause proceeding and the Show Cause hearing must be for drug use.
4. Must plead guilty to the Show Cause violation in advance of Drug Court entry and agree to Drug Court rules.
5. Cannot have any prior convictions for violent offenses. (Offenses involving a firearm or felony acts of violence as referenced in VCC prefixes: MUR, ARS, ASL, FAM, KID, ROB, RAP, and WPN).
6. Cannot have a conviction for a predatory sex crime or any felony with a child as the victim.
7. Cannot have a conviction of drug distribution or possession with intent within the past 10 years.
8. Can not have a conviction for an offense during which the person carried, possessed, or used a firearm or dangerous weapon.
9. Cannot have any pending charges, felonies or misdemeanors, except traffic infractions.
10. Cannot be on parole, or have supervision obligations from any other court.
11. Cannot be currently taking any prescribed medications that may affect required drug tests.
12. Must exhibit stable mental health in order to tolerate stressful situations and confrontation to complete the program.
13. Must have suitable transportation to complete program requirements.
14. Must reside in Richmond area.
15. Must be employable or able to perform community service in lieu of working.
16. Can not have a co-defendant currently in the Drug Court Program.
17. Can not serve as an informant for police while participating in Drug Court.
18. Must have a sentence of at least 12 months of incarceration.