Workforce & Recruitment Demographic Data

PDFApril 8, 2021
354.84 KB
Viewed 55 times.

Data Type: PDF
Data
Published: Quarterly

View Document
Henrico Police is striving for a workforce reflective of the diverse makeup of Henrico County. The following report compares countywide population demographics to the demographic composition of Henrico Police personnel. Also included are demographic statistics and outcomes of the Division's Recruiting for Diversity program. Statistics include race, ethnicity and gender of sworn and civilian employees through March 24, 2021.

Henrico Police is striving for a workforce reflective of the diverse makeup of Henrico County.

As we continue to approach recruitment with vigor, collaboration and a spirit of inclusion, we’re encouraged by the results thus far and committed to even more progress moving forward.


Henrico Police faces many challenges in recruiting the next generation of police officers. Across the nation, and right here in Henrico, the number of police applicants is steadily decreasing. Oftentimes there is a disparity in applicants of diverse race, ethnicity and gender compared to the demographic makeup of our community. In addition, at each stage of our hiring process, a significant number of candidates are not following through with next steps, resulting in even smaller candidate pools.

We are not deterred.

Henrico Police is committed to attracting, engaging and recruiting more diverse police applicants. Through meaningful programs, modern technology, strategic partnerships and community input, the diversity of the Division’s personnel is expanding. As of March 24, 2021, 52% of police recruits hired in FY21 (July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021) are of diverse races, ethnicities and gender. Since FY18, the percentage of diverse officers hired has increased by nearly 30%. In turn, the diversity of our total sworn complement in FY21 has increased 5% since FY18. As of today, 35% of our total workforce and 25% of our sworn police officers are of diverse races, ethnicities and gender.  


Read the Report: Henrico Police Workforce & Recruiting Demographic Data

Henrico Police Personnel Statistics Data as of March 24, 2021


Disclaimer:

The County makes a variety of information and datasets (“Data”) available for download through this website, henrico.us, and other applicable Henrico County-owned web properties (“The Website”). The County does not warrant that the information is accurate, complete, or timely, and the data is offered for general information. The County assumes no liability for your use of the data.

Please see the full Terms of Use.

Contact Us

Police

7721 E. Parham Rd.
Henrico, VA 23294

Emergency
911
Police Non-Emergency
(804) 501-5000
General Information
(804) 501-4800

police@henrico.us

Mailing Address
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube Instagram Pinterest

Social Media Policy 
Additional Contact Information
Email is not monitored 24 hours a day.
Please call 911 if you have an emergency.

 
Google Translate Icon

Translate