Project Status: Underway
Estimated Cost: $1.66 million total
Start Date: May 2022
Estimated End Date: February 2023
Magisterial District: Brookland
The County of Henrico will be conducting bridge rehabilitation activities on the Greenwood Road Bridge crossing over CSX railroad tracks located between Old Washington Highway and the Henrico-Hanover County line. The following improvements will be constructed, including:
- Repair and rehabilitation of the bridge substructure.
- Repair and rehabilitation of the bridge superstructure, including bearing replacement.
- Guardrail System improvements.
- Concrete surface penetrate sealing of concrete elements
- Protective painting of superstructure elements.
- Design is complete.
- Right-of-way acquisition is complete.
- Utility relocation is complete.
- Advertisement for Construction is complete. A contractor has been selected.
- Construction coordination with CSX began in March 2019.
- Project completion is anticipated in February 2023.