Azalea Avenue Pedestrian and Signal Improvement Project
Project Status: Completed
Estimated Cost: $ 1.6 Million total
Start Date: October 2021
Estimated End Date: May 2022
Magisterial District: Fairfield
The County of Henrico will be constructing accommodation to increase pedestrian access and connectivity. The following improvements will be constructed, including:
- Sidewalk along the north side of Azalea Avenue between Henrico High School and Pony Farm Drive.
- Sidewalk on the south side of Azalea Avenue between Thrush Lane and Richmond Henrico Turnpike.
- Sidewalk on the west side of Wilkinson Road between the Dollar General store site and Kirkland Drive.
- Crosswalks and Traffic Signal improvements at the intersections of Azalea Avenue/Wilkinson Road and Azalea Avenue/Richmond Henrico Turnpike.
- Design is complete.
- Right-of-way acquisition is complete.
- Utility relocation is complete.
- Advertisement for Construction is complete.
- Construction is complete.
- Project completion was completed May 2022.
Progress to Date
- A Citizen Information Meeting was held June 28th at Henrico High School from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM