For information on scholarship opportunities at Henricopolis, contact Lindy Durham at 501-5175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLONIAL AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Each year, the Henricopolis Soil and Water Conservation District endows three $1000 scholarships through the Colonial Agricultural Education Foundation. Two high school seniors and one student already in college will be selected. Additional scholarships will be awarded to current college students if a sufficient number of qualified applications are not received from high schools.
The qualifications for the scholarships awarded are:
- Be a Henrico County resident.
- Attend a Henrico County secondary school or a Virginia state-supported college or university.
- Major or intend to major in a conservation-related field such as environmental science, forestry, meteorology or agriculture.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA if a high school student. Have a minimum 2.5 GPA in major field if college student.
- Submit at least one strong character reference from school currently attending or last attended.
To find out more or apply online, visit the Colonial Farm Credit website: http://www.colonialfarmcredit.com and click on Scholarships.
VA ASSOCIATION OF SOIL AND WATER DISTRICTS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Each year , the VASWCD offers scholarships statewide to students majoring in or showing a strong desire to major in a course curriculum related to natural resource conservations and/or environmental studies.
- Applicants must be full-time students enrolled on or who have applied to a college freshman level curriculum.
- Applicants shall document a class ranking in the top 20% of his or her graduating class or a 3.0 or greater
- Grade Point Average or appropriate equivalent of individual scholastic achievement.
- Applicants shall demonstrate active interest in conservation.
Guidelines are downloadable at http://vaswcd.org/student-scholarships.
Congratulations to the following students receiving our 2018 scholarships:
Hermitage High School
Attending Virginia State University
Mills E. Godwin High School
Attending James Madison University