Rezoning and Provisional Use Permit

available in person   In Person


This service has moved to Build Henrico, the county’s all new online land management solution.

Learn more today!


Rezoning/Provisional Use Permit Application Process Description – The power for localities to regulate land uses, given to it by the Commonwealth, includes approval of zoning changes in the form of a rezoning and expansion of uses through the Provisional Use Permit process. This document and the following forms may be used to prepare your land use application and uploaded to Build Henrico. Depending on the type and other aspects of the case, not all of the forms will be needed.

Rezoning/Provisional Use Permit Checklist – lists the items required for Rezonings, Conditional Rezonings, Amendment to Proffers, and Provisional Use Permits

Request for Preliminary Review Meeting – Please visit and request a meeting with Planning Department staff to review the materials for submission to ensure their accuracy and completeness.  Applicants will be provided with a checklist to submit with their rezoning application via Build Henrico upon completion of the meeting.

Application Signature Document – to be completed and uploaded as a part of a land use application through Build Henrico.

Proffers for Conditional Rezoning Form – allows the inclusion of voluntary conditions to be placed on the property at the request of the applicant through the rezoning process.

Power of Attorney Form – is used when the owner of the property will be represented in the matter by another individual.

Deferral of Zoning Request Application – Requests the Board or Planning Commission defer a rezoning/provisional use permit application from the current agenda to a future meeting’s agenda.

VDOT Cover Sheet (Chapter 527) for Rezoning Applications – ensures all requirements of VDOT have been met.


Please see our Fee Schedule.

Google Translate Icon