Copy Requests of Public Records
You may obtain copies from the Henrico Circuit Court Clerk’s Office of any public record such as deeds, plats, wills, judgments, court orders and marriage licenses.
- We are open from 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
- We accept cash, check, money order or VISA and MasterCard (2% convenience fee added to credit card payments)
All requests should include:
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Check or money order payable to Henrico Circuit Court Clerk
Henrico Circuit Court Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 90775
Henrico, Virginia 23273
- Letter with specific information:
- Marriage licenses:
Include the full name of the parties and the date of the marriage.
*For marriage licenses issued between July 1, 1997 and June 30, 2001: Virginia law requires that the Clerk’s Office obtain written permission from the bride or groom before providing a copy to any party. Written permission is required even if the person requesting the copy is the bride or groom. Written requests for certified copies of a marriage license should include the following: groom’s name, bride’s maiden name, date of marriage and the notarized signature of the bride and/or groom. If the bride or groom’s signature is not notarized, he or she should send a copy of a photo ID (preferably a driver’s license) so that the Clerk’s Office may confirm identification before providing the requested copies.
- Land Records:
Include the deed book and page or instrument number
- Court Orders:
Include case number, names of parties to litigation, order book and page or instrument number
- Payment by VISA or MasterCard
- Specifically identify the document to be copied (names, book and page or instrument number)
- There is an additional charge for obtaining copies online