Application for Fireworks Permit
Henrico Fire suggests parents teach their children to leave fireworks to the professionals. Henrico County prohibits the sale, possession, or use of fireworks including sparklers.
- Exceptions include road flares and paper caps containing no more than .25 grams of explosive content.
- Possession of fireworks in Henrico is a Class 1 Misdemeanor punishable with up to $2500 fine and up to one year in jail.
- July 4th is a summer holiday filled with fun, but it is also a holiday that sends over 10,000 people to the hospital every year.
- Loss of fingers, blindness, loss of hearing, and burns
- Sparklers associated with the most injuries for children under the age of five.
- Sparklers can burn as hot as 2,000 degrees
Of those injured:
- 60 percent are fireworks users and 40 percent are bystanders
- Males make up 75 percent of all injuries.
- More than 50 percent of those injured are children
For more information, contact Henrico County Division of Fire at 501-4900.