The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed seven Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2023-24.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, International Economic Development Task Force, Large Urban County Caucus, Resilient Counties Advisory Board, and Telecommunications and Technology Steering Committee.
Administration officials received the following appointments:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Steven J. Yob, Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Affairs Monica L. Smith-Callahan, Health Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The steering committees form the association’s policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times per year to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.