The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed eight Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2020-21.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Vice Chairman and Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Policy Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Policy Steering Committee;
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Telecommunications and Technology Policy Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Policy Steering Committee.
Administration officials received the following appointments:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Policy Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Affairs Monica L. Smith-Callahan, Health Policy Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Public Safety Anthony E. McDowell, Justice and Public Safety Policy Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Steven J. Yob, Environment, Energy and Land Use Policy Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The association’s steering committees form its policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times annually to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.