Four members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and three of its deputy county managers will serve on committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) during 2020.
Board members received the following appointments:
- Vice Chairman and Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee, Nominating Committee, a Region 3 representative on the VACo Board of Directors;
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee.
Administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Finance Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Public Safety Anthony E. McDowell, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo’s seven steering committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.