The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed nine Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2019-20.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Policy Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Policy Steering Committee;
- Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Policy Steering Committee;
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Telecommunications and Technology Policy Steering Committee (vice chair); Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board; Information Technology Standing Committee (vice chair); International Economic Development Task Force; Large Urban County Caucus Steering Committee; and Resilient Counties Advisory Board (vice chair).
Administration officials received the following appointments:
- County Manager John A. Vithoulkas, Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Policy Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Timothy A. Foster, Public Lands Policy Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Health Policy Steering Committee;
- Anthony E. McDowell, Justice and Public Safety Policy Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment, Energy and Land Use Policy Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The association’s steering committees form its policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times annually to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.