All five members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and two of its deputy county managers will serve on committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) during 2018.
Board members received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Courtney D. Lynch, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor Thomas M. Branin, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee.
Administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee.
VACo’s seven steering committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.