The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed nine Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2017-18.
Members of the Henrico Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Telecommunications and Technology Steering Committee (vice chair); Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board (vice chair); Information Technology Standing Committee; International Economic Development Task Force; Resilient Counties Advisory Board (vice chair); and Large Urban County Caucus Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Harvey L. Hinson, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor Thomas M. Branin, Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee.
In addition, Henrico administration officials received the following appointments:
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Timothy A. Foster, Public Lands Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services W. Brandon Hinton, Health Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Public Safety Douglas A. Middleton, Justice and Public Safety Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The association’s steering committees form its policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times annually to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.