The Henrico County office of the Virginia Cooperative Extension is selling apples, peanuts, honey and cookbooks to benefit the 4-H Youth Development program.
The sale features Virginia-grown produce and six different cookbooks, each with more than 140 recipes. The items and prices are:
- Winesap and York apples, $19 per half-bushel, which equates to about 80 cents per pound;
- Raw peanuts, with recipes, $11 per 2-pound sack;
- Salted or unsalted deluxe cocktail peanuts, $14 per 2-pound sack;
- Honey, $10 per 1-pound jar; and
- Cookbooks, $8 apiece. The titles are “Diabetic Recipes,” “Kids in the Kitchen,” “Slow Cooker,” “One Dish Dinners,” “Best of the Holidays” and “On the Grill.” Each spiral-bound cookbook measures 5½ by 4¼ inches and includes a soft cover and 150 pages.
Order forms are available at henrico.us/extension; the Extension Office in the Human Services Building, at 8600 Dixon Powers Drive; any Henrico library; or by calling (804) 501-5160. A check or money order payable to Henrico 4-H Fund must accompany each order.
Because supplies are limited, orders received after Friday, Oct. 31 will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Orders will be available for pickup from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18 and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 19 at the loading dock of the Human Services Building. For information, call (804) 501-5160.