10600 Fords Country Lane
Glen Allen, VA
7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Henrico County operates two Public Use Areas for disposal of household trash and recyclable materials from households located in Henrico County. The Public Use Areas are located in eastern Henrico at the site of the former Charles City Road Landfill and in western Henrico at the Springfield Road Landfill. Use is limited to Henrico County residents bringing trash and recyclables originating from their primary residence. Materials originating from rental properties, vacant lots, businesses and commercial ventures must be processed through the commercial scales and disposal fees paid based on the type and quantity of material to be disposed.
Requirements for Use
The Public Use Areas are strictly for residential use. A valid driver’s license with a Henrico County address is considered proof that the customer is a resident. Commercial usage of the Public Use Areas is a violation of the County Code and the Virginia Department Environmental Quality (DEQ) Solid Waste Management Regulations.
Hours of Operation
The Public Use Areas are open from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven days a week. We are closed on certain holidays which are listed below. In addition, we close at 4:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve.
To ensure your safety, we do not operate our public use areas when the County is closed due to inclement weather.
- New Year’s Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (close at 4:30 p.m.)
- Christmas Day
Fees for Usage
The cost to the resident for trash disposal is $3.00 per trip. The $3.00 fee includes up to 4 tires, the charge for more than 4 tires is $1.00 per tire. Residents may also save money by purchasing ticket books (10 tickets for $27.00 or a book of 15 tickets for $40.00). Each ticket is good for one trip.
There is no charge for using the recycling center or for disposal of yard waste. An additional $15.00 fee applies for each appliance (air conditioner, refrigerator, etc.) containing a refrigerant (CFC or HCFC gas). This charge is to offset the cost of properly recycling this regulated material from the appliance.
Materials Accepted for Disposal
We accept solid waste generated from the primary residence of Henrico County residents. Materials are to be placed directly in the refuse containers. Items listed below cannot be accepted for disposal:
Items not to place in trash containers
To protect the health and safety of our employees and residents and to protect the environment, there are certain items that cannot be placed in the containers. Please do not place the following materials into the trash containers:
- Asbestos Containing Material – We are not able to take this special waste. It must be disposed at a landfill permitted to accept it.
- Hot ashes or cinders – Place these in the hot ash container.
- Automotive or other lead acid batteries – Place these at the appropriate location in the recycling center.
- Propane tanks or other pressurized tanks – Ask personnel at the facility where to place these items.
- Used motor oil – Place this in the used motor oil tank at the recycling center.
- Antifreeze – Place this in the used antifreeze tank at the recycling center.
- Oil based paint, gasoline and thinners – Place these in the used paint area in the recycling center.
- Tires – Place these at the tire trailer. Please note, residents are allowed to dispose of four automotive (4) tires with their paid fee to dispose. Additional tires from a residence are $1.00 each. Tires from businesses and from cleaning up vacant lots will be charged $125.00 per ton.
Yard Waste Acceptance
We accept yard waste from residents at no charge. However, we ask that it be free of plastic, paper, and other trash. Please remember, the yard waste you bring us will be processed into mulch. Contamination with garbage, plastic, or other materials may prevent us from recycling your yard waste into a usable product.
Due to limited space and the large volumes of material we receive, we will not accept yard waste at our public use areas from commercial customers.