What Our Office Does
The office also prosecutes violations of the Henrico County Code in such matters as inoperable motor vehicles, trash and litter, weeds and grass, zoning violations, rat control, and Building Code violations.
We cannot give private legal advice to citizens. See the FAQs.
What We Do
On a day-to-day basis, the Office’s work includes:
- advising employees and elected and appointed officials about applicable laws governing County business
- drafting ordinances and resolutions
- representing County officials and employees in court and administrative proceedings
- reviewing contracts, bond documents and deeds
- analyzing cases, statutes, regulations, and proposals which may affect the County’s legal rights and obligations
- analyzing proposed state legislation