Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
A variety of Internship opportunities are available with Henrico Recreation and Parks for students who are enrolled in an accredited college/university with an appropriate major. All Henrico County internships are posted online at www.henricojobs.com. For more information, contact Human Resources at (804) 501-7206 or email@example.com.
Volunteers: Recreation & Parks
Looking for a way to serve the community? Henrico Recreation and Parks has a variety of volunteer positions available. These positions may include daytime, evening, or weekend hours on an as needed basis. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a Henrico County Volunteer Application and indicate where you would like to work. For additional information on volunteering with Henrico Recreation and Parks, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a list of possible volunteer opportunities:
Must be 16 or older:
- Gardening, programs, and events at The Armour House
- Greeters, historic programs, and events at Walkerton Tavern
- Heirloom plant gardeners at Walkerton Tavern
- Historic farmhouse tour guide at Meadow Farm Museum
- Native plant gardeners at Three Lakes Nature Center
- Receptionists/greeters at Deep Run Recreation Center
- Receptionists/greeters at Meadow Farm Orientation Center
- Tour guides and receptionists at Dabbs House Museum
Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult:
- Gardening and program preparation at Meadow Farm Museum, Age requirements vary.*
- Countywide special events (festivals, concerts, and children’s activities)
- Museum collections assistance in Historic Preservation & Museum Services
- Senior adult programs and events
- Theatre/Community Band/Chorus programs
- Therapeutic recreation programs and events
*Special Note: Meadow Farm Museum only accepts volunteers ages 10 and older. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. All volunteers are required to attend an orientation and training session held in January each year.
Volunteers: Keep Henrico Beautiful
Keep Henrico Beautiful offers County residents of all ages litter prevention and recycling programs, environmental education resources, and volunteer opportunities. Because We Care is Henrico County’s volunteer litter control program. Volunteers can adopt a road (must be 18 to pick up litter on a road), a park, a school, or a community. County signs are erected to identify adopted areas and adoptees. Teen volunteer opportunities are also available at seasonal events. For more information, contact KHB at (804) 501-4502 or email@example.com.
Volunteers: Additional Opportunities
Additional volunteer opportunities are available throughout Henrico County and are coordinated through the Human Resources Department. For more information, please visit the Human Resources website or contact HR at (804) 501-4425.