Master Food Volunteer Program
Combine your love of cooking, nutrition, physical activity, and helping others by becoming a Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Food Volunteer. The Master Food Volunteer Program helps Extension reach more Virginians with up-to-date, research-based knowledge on food preparation, nutrition, food safety, and physical activity.
Who Can Become A Volunteer?
Anyone who has an interest in food preparation, nutrition, food safety, or physical activity can apply. Applicants should possess a desire to enhance their skills and knowledge and enjoy working with people. There is no prior educational requirement for those interested in becoming a Master Food Volunteer.
What Is Expected?
- Apply for and complete the mandatory 30-hour Master Food Volunteer training course
- To help support program costs and materials, a fee is required to participate in the training
- Identify volunteer opportunities that suit your skills and interests
- Reciprocate with 30-hours of service within one year of training
Opportunities for Service
Volunteers help support Extension’s family and consumer sciences agents through education and outreach efforts. There is something for everyone!
- Basic Nutrition
- Meal Planning
- Cooking Techniques
- Food Safety
- Exercise and Healthy Lifestyles
- Working with Diverse Audiences
For More Information, Contact:
Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agent, Henrico County
Phone: (804) 501-5160 Email: email@example.com