My Henrico Academy
Thank you for your interest in My Henrico Academy. The 2023 application is now closed.
My Henrico Academy
My Henrico Academy (MHA) is a free program that engages multicultural communities with interactive lessons and culturally specific approaches to bridge the understanding of how their local government and communities work together. Individuals who thrive in MHA seek information to share with others who may not have the same access to resources and networks; commit to attend evening sessions over the course of seven months with officials and leaders to learn how they can become more engaged in the civic process; and are consistently involved in the program activities and assignments.
In addition to gaining a better understanding of how local government works, you will:
- Obtain the skills necessary to navigate the governmental and the social and human services systems independently, effectively, and efficiently;
- Learn how to resolve issues and obtain information; and
- Expand your network and become prepared to pursue leadership opportunities within the community.
The MHA 2023 program application is closed.
For information about the next MHA cohort see the application details below and continue to follow this page for updates.
Learn more about county engagement, information and resources: Multicultural Community Engagement (MCE) and Bulletin Board; HenricoNews; Henrico County social media and events.
The 2024 MHA application will be open from January 1 – March 1, 2024.
2023 Program Sessions
Sessions will be offered on select Wednesdays from 4-8 p.m. at different locations throughout the county. Each session will include a culturally diverse meal.
- May 3 – Session 1: Henrico is a great place to live, work, and play: Get to know Henrico and what your county can do for you
- June 7 – Session 2: Your voice counts: Get involved in your community to make a difference
- July 12 – Session 3: Economic development is flourishing in Henrico: Learn how to do business in the county
- Aug. 2 – Session 4: Learning is lifelong: Learn about educational opportunities from cradle to career
- Sept. 6 – Session 5: A healthy life is a quality life: Prioritizing overall wellness in Henrico
- Oct. 4- Session 6: Keeping you safe and protected in Henrico: How public safety and the judicial system work for you
- Nov. 1 – Session 7: Public services and civic engagement are cornerstones of the county: Find out more during this final session
If you have questions, please contact Raina Vann at email@example.com, 804-508-0601 or 804-501-5844.