Fire Apparatus Visit/Demo
See a Fire Engine, meet firefighters, ask questions, and exchange safety information. As a community organization, the Henrico County Division of Fire would love to accept an invitation from you to bring one of our fire engines to your community event. However, because we are an emergency response organization and cannot predict when emergencies will occur, it is impossible for us to guarantee appearances. Depending on emergency call load, please understand that:
- We may arrive at your event late, have to leave early, or may not arrive at all.
- We generally need to limit the amount of time we attend community events – usually between 60 and 90 minutes.
- We will need to be in a position that will allow us to leave your event without delay.
- Important: If you represent a private business in the county, please understand that we cannot allow ourselves to be incorporated into marketing strategies – or to give the impression that we endorse a particular business. Generally, we will not accept invitations to attend Grand Openings, Customer Appreciation Days, or other similar events designed primarily to increase sales or attract new customers.
- The Henrico Fire Department no longer attends birthday parties and we cannot allow birthday parties at our fire stations. However, we do permit station tours for children [4 or more years old] celebrating birthdays. Serving cake and ice cream at our stations is not permitted. Please see “Fire Station Visits/Tours” for more information. We can accommodate approximately 25 people for our station tours. We ask that the ratio of children to adult supervisors be approximately 4 or 5 – 1.