Employment and Day Services – CSS
Day & Vocational Services
- We are licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services.
- We are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- We offer a continuum of services that meet a wide range of needs and desires.
- Hermitage Enterprise serves individuals from Henrico County. Provides all of the options listed below.
- Cypress Enterprises serves individuals from Charles City and New Kent Counties. Offers a combination of the services listed below.
- Supported Employment and Group Employment serves citizens from all three Counties.
- Assesses individual skills and interests in employment
- Helps individuals find jobs and works with them to stay employed.
- Enables individuals to work directly for a company in the community, earning at least minimum wage.
- Includes jobs that vary in hours, days of the week, salary and benefits.
- Provides a job coach for one on one support until training is complete and on-going follow-up support thereafter. This support can include re-training and job replacement as needed.
Group Employment – Enclaves/Mobile Work Crews
- Work is in the community at an employers work site.
- 4 to 8 individuals work with a Training Specialist.
- Wages vary from piece rate to minimum wage or higher.
- Individuals receive their paycheck either from Henrico County or from the employer, depending on the site.
- Type of work varies and locations vary.
- Schedules are generally Monday through Friday, although it may vary based on the employer’s requests; sites follow employers holiday schedule not necessarily county holiday schedule.
Center Based Employment -work at Hermitage Enterprises or Cypress Enterprises
- These programs concentrate on work skills as their primary function.
- Contract work is performed at one of our centers or in some cases at a local business.
- Wages are paid based on competitive rates and are generally paid on a piece-rate basis. Some work is paid at an hourly rate.
- Consumer employees work with staff in ratios that are approximately 7 to 1.
- Emphasis is on improving work skills and level of independence. When work is not available, activities are provided that enhance skills that lead to better work skills. These may include leisure activities designed to increase stamina or motor skills, exercise, or participation in volunteer activities.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday.
Other Day Services Options
- Emphasis of our day services is to assist individuals and to provide opportunities for activities both in the center and in the general community.
- There are a variety of options, with many focused on certain needs/interests of the individuals in the programs
- Employment Resource Program – assist individuals who want to learn skills needed for Group or Supported Employment
- Community Engagement – assists individuals in accessing and actively participating as a member of the broader community, including options for volunteer work, individualized classes/activities of interest and/or attending local events/museums and leisure activities.
- Aging services – assists individuals who are aging, showing symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer’s or those interested in more retirement related activities. This is a specialized service and includes targeted activities to help maintain skills and retention of knowledge.
- Activities in the center – options vary and are individualized to each person as often as possible. Choices are offered throughout the day and may include exercise, leisure, arts and crafts or guided activities leading to learning new things. A computer lab is available.
- Offers consumer to staff ratios of 3 to 1 in the community and no more than 7 to 1 in the center.
- Provides personal assistance with an emphasis on helping individuals achieve their highest potential.
- Schedule is Monday through Friday. Schedules are often individualized based on needs and interests. Many have part time schedules.
Intake: (804) 727-8515
Emergency: (804) 727-8484
|Charles City/New Kent Counties
Intake: (804) 727-8970
Please bring your insurance card and proof of income. Fees are collected at the time of service including the first appointment.