Summer Blast is a free camp for Henrico residents. Participants must be rising 1st-5th and 6th-8th graders for the 2019-20 school year.
We are excited about another summer that will allow our participants to grow and learn through fun, recreational experiences. Your children will be encouraged to be creative, learn new skills, make new friends, and have a lot of fun! Unplug for a few weeks in an active, safe, fun, and enriching environment while venturing in the outdoors, playing sports, crafting, creating, laughing, and performing!
Summer Blast Registration begins April 20 at 8am and is for Henrico Residents only.
Summer Camp Registration Form 2019 coming soon.
- 2019 Parent Handbook
- 2019 Camp Registration Form
- Participant Information & Updates
- Rescue Medications
- Access and Inclusion
- Summer Blast Camp Dates
- Summer Blast Sites 2019 Map
- Summer Blast Sites & Schedules: Rising 1st-5th graders
- Summer Blast Sites & Schedules: Rising 6th-8th graders
- Summer Blast Camp FAQS
- Online Registration Tips
We’ve compiled a 2019 Parent Handbook full of camp details, be sure to take a look! A few of the topics include Camp Rules & Policies, Helpful Tips for Parents & Participants, and Inclement Weather Policies.
Participant Information and Updates
A photo ID will be required when signing out campers. During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to list individuals authorized to pick up your child. Don’t forget to include yourself and all legal guardians!
Any changes (additions or removals) of authorized persons for pick up must be made in writing (e-mail) to the registration section and provided to the Site Coordinator.
Only emergency/rescue medication(s) as authorized by a physician are allowed at any county program. If your child requires rescue medication(s) during camp hours (for example, an inhaler or epi-pen), select ‘yes’ for the medication question during registration and call Jessica Rock at 652-1443. A medication consent form must be completed and signed by the treating physician, the parent/guardian and approved by the Medications Coordinator. Medication consent forms must be returned at least ten days prior to the beginning of the program for approval. Medication consent forms are good for one year from the date of physician’s signature. For assistance with the medication process please contact Jessica Rock at 652-1443, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access and Inclusion
If your child has a disability and will need assistance or special accommodations in order to participate in camp, please call 652-1449 to discuss special accommodations and also select ‘yes’ for the special accommodations question during registration. You will be required to complete a packet which will provide us with the information needed to best serve your child. Packets must be completed and returned by May 10 to qualify for inclusion services. To provide high quality service, it may be necessary to change a participant’s placement if support, assistance, and accommodation can be best provided at an alternative site. For assistance with the inclusion process please contact Jennifer Godfrey-Leleux in the Therapeutic Recreation section at 652-1443, or e-mail at email@example.com. This does not guarantee registration; you must also register for camp(s) beginning April 20.
Camp Dates 2019
Camp is held Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-2:30pm.
Seven one-week sessions are available for 2019.
Please only register for one location per session, per participant.
- Session I: June 24-27
- Session II: July 1-3 (no camp July 4)
- Session III: July 8-11
- Session IV: July 15-18
- Session V: July 22-25
- Session VI: July 29-Aug 1
- Session VII: Aug 5-8
SUMMER BLAST – Elementary Camps – Rising 1st-5th graders
|Adams Elementary School
Adams Schedule (TBA)
|Nuckols Farm Elementary School
Nuckols Farm Schedule (TBA)
|Colonial Trail Elementary School
Colonial Trail Schedule (TBA)
|Ratcliffe Elementary School
Ratcliffe Schedule (TBA)
|Davis Elementary School
Davis Schedule (TBA)
|Ridge Elementary School
Ridge Schedule (TBA)
|Dorey Park Recreation Center
Dorey Schedule (TBA)
|Rivers Edge Elementary School
Rivers Edge Schedule (TBA)
|Echo Lake Elementary School
Echo Lake Schedule (TBA)
|Short Pump Elementary School
Short Pump Schedule (TBA)
|Glen Lea Elementary School (afternoon Summer Blast site)
Glen Lea Schedule (TBA)
|Tuckahoe Elementary School
Tuckahoe Schedule (TBA)
|Hidden Creek Recreation Center
Hidden Creek Schedule (TBA)
|Twin Hickory Elementary School
Twin Hickory Schedule (TBA)
|Hunton Community Center
Hunton Schedule (TBA)
|Ward Elementary School
Ward Schedule (TBA)
|Laburnum Elementary School
Laburnum Schedule (TBA)
SUMMER BLAST – Middle School Camps – Rising 6th-8th graders
|Confederate Hills Recreation Center
Confederate Hills Schedule (TBA)
|Elko Community Center
Elko Schedule (TBA)
|Deep Run Recreation Center
Deep Run Schedule (TBA)
|Holman Middle School
Holman Schedule (TBA)
|Eastern Henrico Recreation Center
Eastern Henrico Schedule (TBA)
Summer Blast Camp FAQs
- What should my child bring to camp? Campers should bring their lunch, a snack, beverage, and a refillable water bottle daily. Campers will have reading time, so campers can bring their own book, if they’d like.
- What should my child wear to camp? Campers should wear comfortable play clothes that can get messy and closed-toe athletic shoes (tennis shoes, sneakers, etc).
- What will my child do at camp? Have lots of fun! The staff at each site plans the activities for the whole summer. A calendar will be posted at the site the first day of camp.
- How does the waitlist work? Should a spot become available, you will receive a call at the phone number provided offering you the opportunity to register for that space. You will have 24 hours to confirm and register.
- How do I make changes to my registration? Changes to site location (transfers) and cancellation requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transfers are limited depending on the availability of spaces at the site requested.