Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: $500,000
Start Date: August 2023
Estimated End Date: October 2023
Magisterial District: Varina
Henrico County is evaluating the intersection of Turner Road and Darbytown Road to improve safety.
The public survey and other public feedback support a roundabout as a viable solution to reduce vehicle speeds on Darbytown Road and to provide safer turning movements from Turner Road. The opinions were split on a roundabout as a solution, however a roundabout was viewed more favorably than the existing condition. The summary and results of this study are available below:
Estimated Schedule: (Month Year)
- Design is underway.
- Right of way acquisition is not anticipated.
- Utility relocation is not anticipated.
- Advertisement for construction is anticipated March 2023.
- Construction anticipated start August 2023.
Progress to Date
- Public input was sought for a proposed modular roundabout to improve safety and traffic flow. A virtual presentation is available below for viewing. Public survey was completed and the presentation was presented October 2021