Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: $2,200,450
Start Date: July 2022
Estimated End Date: February 2024
4747 Pouncey Tract Road
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Magisterial District: Three Chopt
The project will construct 12 new illuminated pickleball courts at Pouncey Tract Park, located at 4747 Pouncey Tract Road on the existing softball field area. The new park development will also provide expanded parking (a new 86-car illuminated parking area), improvements to the existing park access road entering/exiting the complex, and site walking/ADA sidewalk improvements.
The new pickleball courts will be asphalt courts with acrylic courts surfacing and illuminated with LED sports lighting like the existing 12-court complex. Supporting work will include compliance with state stormwater regulations, federal/state permitting, and supporting construction activities required to complete the project.
Oct 28, 2022: A&E Contract with Timmons Group executed, design effort underway and the project is on schedule as outlined below.
- Funding Approved– July 15, 2022
- Hired Architect (through the utilization of a county A&E annual contract) – July 2022
- Fieldwork (survey and wetland delineation) – August 2022
- Conceptual Pickleball Layout Options on the Softball Field Layout Options Approved by BOS – August 19, 2022
- Revised Final Schematic Layout sent to BOS for Approval 9-30-22
- Design Process, POD complete, Purchasing issues ITB for construction contractor – May 2023
- (Design 3 Months, Plan of Development 5 Months, Procurement 1 Month)
- Construction contract awarded by BOS – July 2023
- Construction completed – February 2024