Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: 610,000
Start Date: January 2020
Estimated End Date: Summer 2021
Magisterial District: Brookland
This project involves the design and construction of approximately 1,200 feet of 4-foot sidewalk. The sidewalk will connect directly to an existing 4-foot wide section of sidewalk located approximately 550 feet from the intersection of Staples Mill Road and Hunton Park Boulevard and ending at Hunton Park Lane with an ADA ramp. The sidewalk will include 5′ x 5′ pedestrian passing areas at reasonable intervals of approximately 200 feet. Future projects in this corridor may include additional sidewalk and/or bike lanes.
- Design has recently begun.
- Right of Way acquisition is anticipated to be complete Winter 2020
- Construction is anticipated to begin Spring 2021
Progress to Date
Last update: 04/04/2018
- The survey collecting comments is now closed, and the responses are being reviewed by County staff as of September 9, 2017.
- A community meeting to present this project was held on August 16, 2017 at Glen Allen High School.
- Design of approximately 1,200 linear feet of sidewalk along the south side of Hunton Park Boulevard between Staples Mill Road and Hunton Park Lane has begun.