Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: 610,000
Start Date: April 2022
Estimated End Date: July 2022
Magisterial District: Brookland
The County of Henrico will be constructing approximately 1,200 feet of 4-foot sidewalk. The sidewalk will connect directly to an existing 4-foot wide section of sidewalk located approximately 550 feet from the intersection of Staples Mill Road and Hunton Park Boulevard and ending at Hunton Park Lane with an ADA ramp. The sidewalk will include 5′ x 5′ pedestrian passing areas at reasonable intervals of approximately 200 feet.
- Design began in April 2019
- Right of Way acquisition began May 2020
- Construction is anticipated to begin April 2022
- Project completion is anticipated in July 2022
Progress to Date
- The survey collecting comments is now closed, and the responses are being reviewed by County staff as of September 9, 2017.
- A community meeting to present this project was held on August 16, 2017 at Glen Allen High School.
- The Real Property Division has acquired 15 of 17 parcels