Project Status: Completed
Estimated Cost: $500,000
Start Date: July 2022
Estimated End Date: October 2022
Magisterial District: Brookland
The County of Henrico will be constructing approximately 1,200 feet of 4-foot sidewalk. The sidewalk will connect directly to an existing 4-foot wide section of sidewalk located approximately 550 feet from the intersection of Staples Mill Road and Hunton Park Boulevard and ending at Hunton Park Lane with an ADA ramp. The sidewalk will include 5′ x 5′ pedestrian passing areas at reasonable intervals of approximately 200 feet.
- Design complete.
- Right-of-way acquisition complete.
- Construction began in July 2022.
- Project completion is anticipated in October 2022.
Progress to Date
- A community meeting to present this project was held on August 16, 2017, at Glen Allen High School.
- A survey was conducted and responses were review by County staff in September 2017.