In Eastern Henrico County, truck travel patterns were identified, and roadways were assessed for suitability for truck travel. Study recommendations include thru truck restrictions on unsuitable roadways and the addition of truck route wayfinding signs. Below is a link to a summary of the study.
Progress to Date
On October 11, 2022, the Henrico County Board of Supervisors passed the following truck restrictions.
- Willson Road between Messer Road and New Market Road – Varina
- Doran Road between Darbytown Road and New Market Road – Varina
- Turner Road between Charles City Road and New Market Road – Varina
- Charles City Road between Beulah Road and Darbytown Road – Varina
- Charles City Road between Elko Road and the Charles City County Line – Varina
- Poplar Springs Road between Portugee Road and Charles City Road – Varina
- Oakleys Lane between Nine Mile Road and Oakleys Place – Varina
- Pleasant Street between Nine Mile Road and S. Holly Avenue – Varina
- Newbridge Road between Nine Mile Road and Pleasant Street – Varina
- Darbytown Road between Oakland Street and Richmond City Line – Varina
- New Osborne Turnpike between Route 5 (Osborne Turnpike) and Richmond City Line – Varina
- Colwyck Drive between Laburnum Avenue and Mansfield Drive (south intersection) – Fairfield
- Thornhust Street between Laburnum Avenue and Mansfield Drive – Fairfield