Bethlehem Road Improvements
Project Status: Underway - Right of Way Acquisition
Estimated Cost: $6.3 million
Start Date: October 2023
Estimated End Date: October 2025
Magisterial District: Brookland
The County of Henrico will be constructing road improvements on Bethlehem Road between Libbie Avenue and Staples Mill Road. The following improvements will be constructed, including:
- A 3-lane road section.
- Pedestrian improvements include a shared-use path, sidewalk, crosswalks, and ADA ramps.
- A roundabout at the intersection of Libbie Avenue and Bethlehem Road.
- Design began in January 2019.
- Right-of-way acquisition began in July 2021.
- Utility relocation is anticipated to begin April 2023.
- Advertisement for construction is anticipated in August 2023.
- Construction is anticipated to begin October 2023.
- Project completion is anticipated October 2025.
Progress to Date
- The land survey is complete.
- A citizen information meeting was held at the Libbie Mill Library, 2100 Libbie Lake E. Street, Henrico, Virginia 23230, on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.