Project Status: Underway - Design
Estimated Cost: $5.4 million
Start Date: December 2022
Estimated End Date: November 2023
Magisterial District: Brookland
The County of Henrico will be constructing road improvements to Bethlehem Road between Libbie Avenue and Staples Mill Road. The following improvements will be constructed, including:
- A 3-lane road section with one travel lane in each direction and a center left turn lane
- Pedestrian improvements include a shared-use path, sidewalk, crosswalks, and ADA ramps.
- A single-lane roundabout at the intersection of Libbie Avenue and Bethlehem Road. Please reference the brochure from the Federal Highway Administration for more information on roundabouts.
- Design began In January 2019.
- Right-of-way acquisition is anticipated to begin September 2021.
- Utility relocation Is anticipated to begin July 2022.
- Advertisement for construction is anticipated in August 2022.
- Construction Is anticipated to begin December 2022.
- Project completion Is anticipated November 2023.
Progress to Date
- The land survey is completed.
- A citizen information meeting was held at the Libbie Mill Library, 2100 Libbie Lake E. Street, Henrico, Virginia 23230, on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.