Consider a Career in Law Enforcement
Learn more about becoming a Henrico County Police Officer or Animal Protection Police Officer, including salary (we have the top in the Region!), qualifications, the hiring process and more!
911 PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER
The Communications Officer, also known as 911 Public Safety Dispatcher, is a skilled emergency communication professional who receives emergency 911 and non-emergency requests for police, fire and rescue. Learn more about joining our Emergency Communications Team. Don’t hesitate to call our Police Personnel Unit at (877)436-HIRE for more information.
We also hire for civilian administrative positions. View a vacancy list and/or complete a County employment application. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please complete this short form.
Enjoy a Generous Benefits Package
Henrico County offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees hired in authorized positions. The following is a brief summary highlighting the major benefits available to eligible employees:
- Paid biweekly and receive a paycheck every other Friday
- Full-time employees earn 13 days of vacation each year. This increases up to 26 days after 20 years of service.
- 13 days of sick leave earned per year
- 11 regular holidays and 2 floating holidays per year
- Health insurance plan (optional)
- Dental insurance (optional)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and child care expenses (optional)
- Additional life insurance (optional)
- Retirement through Virginia Retirement System
- Deferred compensation (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and family members
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (optional)
- Credit Union membership (optional)
- Direct deposit of your paycheck
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Eligible for merit increases after one year of satisfactory employment
Henrico County is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.