Four members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and one of its deputy county managers will serve on boards and committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) in 2023.
Officials received appointments as follows:
- Board of Supervisors Chairman and Fairfield District representative Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee and Nominations Operations Committee;
- Board of Supervisors Vice Chairman and Varina District representative Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee;
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee and Region 3 representative on VACo’s Board of Directors; and
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Finance & Elections Steering Committee.
VACo’s steering committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.