The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed six Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2022-23.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, International Economic Development Task Force, Large Urban County Caucus and Resilient Counties Advisory Board;
- Vice Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Community, Economic and Workforce Development Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee.
Administration officials received the following appointments:
- Deputy County Manager for Operations Steven J. Yob, Environment, Energy and Land Use Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Affairs Monica L. Smith-Callahan, Health Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The steering committees form the association’s policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times per year to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.