Four members of Henrico County’s Board of Supervisors and two of its deputy county managers will serve on committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) during 2022.
Board members received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Daniel J. Schmitt, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee; and
- Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee.
Administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration W. Brandon Hinton, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Public Safety Anthony E. McDowell, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo’s steering committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.