The National Association of Counties (NACo) has appointed seven Henrico County officials to the organization’s committees for 2018-19.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Human Services and Education Policy Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Policy Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor Thomas M. Branin, Finance, Pensions and Intergovernmental Affairs Policy Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, Telecommunications and Technology Policy Steering Committee (vice chair); Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board; Information Technology Standing Committee (vice chair); International Economic Development Task Force; Large Urban County Caucus Steering Committee; and Resilient Counties Advisory Board (vice chair).
Administration officials received the following appointments:
- Deputy County Manager for Community Operations Timothy A. Foster, Public Lands Policy Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Public Safety Douglas A. Middleton, Justice and Public Safety Policy Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment, Energy and Land Use Policy Steering Committee.
A national grassroots organization uniting more than 3,000 counties across the United States, NACo works to improve county government and increase public understanding of the role of counties. The association’s steering committees form its policy-making arm. The committees and other governing bodies meet several times annually to examine key issues of county government and make recommendations on legislative policies and goals.