Henrico County has been working on a new web experience to make our site easier and more enjoyable to use. This included major organizational changes including the addition of new sections for services, public data, and projects to make content easier to find for our users. Many of the changes introduced in our new site are the direct result of feedback collected from the public over time.
To fully realize this new organization, we have created an all new visual look that will launch May 17th, 2016.
- All new color scheme.
- More content accessible directly through the menus – our services and contact menus really show off these changes.
- Enhanced mobile experience, including full navigation throughout the site. Our site is fully responsive, and will adjust to display the best on whatever screen you use, from mobile to tablets to monitors. Every page was reviewed and updated to work better on mobile devices.
- More content on the front page, including top services, projects, and data. Upcoming events and recent news posts are also displayed.
- New featured image and notification area on the front page. If the offices are going to be closed or refuse collection is delayed, a new icon will pop up on the front page to let you know.
- Updated Residents, Government, and Business sections.
- Accessibility – our new site includes many new features to help with accessibility and strives to meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards. This includes new support for screen readers, scaling enhancements so that when fonts are enlarged users do not loose functionality, and colors chosen to meet guidelines on contrast ratios.
Please expect some downtime or limited access of the website on the morning of May 17th, 2016.