All five members of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors and three deputy county managers will serve on steering and operational committees of the Virginia Association of Counties (VACo) in 2015.
Members of the Board of Supervisors received the following appointments:
- Chairman and Fairfield District Supervisor Frank J. Thornton, Education Steering Committee;
- Vice Chairman and Varina District Supervisor Tyrone E. Nelson, Transportation Steering Committee (vice chair) and Resolutions Committee;
- Brookland District Supervisor Richard W. Glover, Economic Development and Planning Steering Committee;
- Three Chopt District Supervisor David A. Kaechele, Finance Steering Committee; and
- Tuckahoe District Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon, General Government Steering Committee. She also represents Region 3 on the VACo Board of Directors.
Henrico administration officials who received appointments are:
- Deputy County Manager for Administration Joseph P. Casey, Finance Steering Committee;
- Deputy County Manager for Community Development Randall R. Silber, Environment and Agriculture Steering Committee; and
- Deputy County Manager for Community Services Jane D. Crawley, Health and Human Resources Steering Committee.
VACo’s 11 committees review legislative requests from member counties, recommend an annual legislative program and provide policy guidance to VACo staff. The association represents local governments at the state and federal levels and provides a resource network for planning and implementing ideas and technologies.