Residential Services provides housing opportunities for individuals needing specialized services and supports to live in the community. Services are based on each individual’s support needs and follow the principles that individuals with intellectual disabilities can be active members of their community.
- Are located in residential neighborhoods throughout the area
- Are operated by a variety of public and private providers
- Generally provide 24 hours support to 6 or fewer individuals in one residence
- Support individuals in activities of daily living, access to medical care, leisure, personal care and community participation
- Are licensed by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
- Assess a fee for room and board generally at 80% of the individual’s income
- Require funding for staff supports through the Medicaid Home and Community Based ID Waiver program.