Belmont Recreation Center - The original two-story brick dwelling with end chimneys has been altered. However, portions of the front porch, some windows and the upstairs closets remain intact.
Clarke-Palmore - The 19th century house and outbuildings retain the original character while representing the evolution of an early Henrico County family farm. The same family owned, maintained and adapted the property from 1855 to 1999, when it was donated to Henrico County. The house now operates as a museum interpreting life in 1930s America.
Coal Pit School - The one-room, African American school most likely took its name from the nearby Springfield Coal Pits. The school was under the supervision of prominent African American educator Virginia E. Randolph until her retirement in 1949. The children who attended Coal Pit went on to Virginia Randolph High, the only African American high school in Henrico during segregation.
Courtney Road Service Station - The Courtney Road Service Station is a prototype of a “house with a canopy” which originated in 1916 by the Standard Oil of Ohio for the transportation industry. It is the only restored early twentieth century service station in Henrico County. It is an excellent example of a service station created for the new transportation industry of cars and other vehicles.
Dabbs House - Dabbs House served as Robert E. Lee’s headquarters for 62 days in the summer of 1862 at which time he planned the Seven Days Battles. From 1888 to the present, Dabbs House has been owned and operated by Henrico County as an alms house, police headquarters, museum, and tourist information center.
Deep Run School - Deep Run School was constructed in 1902 at a cost of $700. The original location of the school was the intersection of Three Chopt and Cox Roads. The two-room school offered instruction to children ages five to seventeen. The school served white students from area households where the families earned a living as farmers or coal miners.
Dorey Barn - Dorey Dairy Farm operated from 1915-1966. The 400-acre property consisted of a farmhouse, dairy barn, bunkhouse, tenant farmer house, chicken house, springhouse, several silos, and a smaller dairy barn. The Dorey Barn reflects a new era of dairy farming following the introduction of pasteurization, which led to an to increased milk supply and demand.
Elko Community Center - Elko is a 1920s clapboard structure built to serve as a meeting place for the Windsor Club of Elko.
Forest Lodge - The Forest Lodge was a luxurious hotel, which had 125 rooms and stood six stories high. It took six years to build and was completed in the early 1880′s. A good example of a Victorian Lodge that had a colorful history associated with it.
Henrico Theatre - Henrico Theatre was built in 1938 by Charles and B.N. Somma. Edward F. Sinnott was the architect responsible for the art deco design. The theatre was constructed of poured concrete and brick and the interior retains original decorative elements on the walls and ceilings.
Locomotive Club of Richmond - The building originally served as the meeting place for the Locomotive Club of Richmond. Eventually it became a private swim and racket club for the Highland Springs community before opening as a Henrico County Recreation Center in 1997.
Meadow Farm - The farmhouse is a 1-1/2 story, clapboard structure on a 1810 English basement. The front porch is Greek Revival dating to the 1840′s.
Nuckols Farm - The farm, formerly known as Locust Grove, was in the Nuckols family from 1849-1972. The family cultivated tobacco before changing to a dairy farm in the 1920s. Henrico County purchased the property for a neighborhood park in 2005.
RF&P Railroad Cars - The Richmond, Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad (RF&P) was chartered in 1834. RF&P and train travel in general contributed dramatically to the country’s economic and technological success during the 19th century.
Spring House - The Bloomingdale Land Company built the granite spring house as part of a plan for an early subdivision. Springs in Virginia were developed and used for health and entertainment purposes as early as the 1700s. Better medical treatments, changing social customs and mobility from the automobile ended the popularity of springs throughout the state in the early 20th century.
Springfield School - The two-room, African American school was constructed on land purchased by the Tuckahoe school board district in 1919. The children who attended Springfield went on to Virginia Randolph High, the only African American high school in Henrico during segregation.
The Armour House - Originally known as Meadowview Farm, the house has Queen Anne and Colonial revival details which are typical of the first quarter of the 20th century.
Virginia Randolph Museum - This depression era structure was built with funds from the Works Progress Administration (WPA). It was designed as a home economics cottage for a school complex. Named for one of the South’s most well-renowned African American educators.
Walkerton - The tavern is a five bay 2 1/2 story brick structure on an exceptionally high English basement. The brickwork features five-course American bond on the sides and back and Flemish bond on the facade. The Georgian Revival porch spans across the front of the facade.