The Henrico County GIS Office coordinates and supports the use of geospatial technology within the County. The County's GIS Office is responsible for maintaining the core components of the County's Enterprise GIS System and is involved in geospatial data development, application development, maintenance and analysis.
The GIS office maintains street centerline data, aerial imagery, planimetrics, geocoding services and network datasets. The office works closely with other departments that are responsible for managing other datasets.
GIS information is also important for public consumption and is available to serve the needs of our citizens. Users can download GIS data on our GeoData Site, view GIS data online in the County's Map Viewer, and view maps and applications on our ArcGIS Online Site.
What is GIS?
A Geographic Information System (GIS) is a framework for managing, analyzing and displaying geographic data. A GIS integrates hardware, software, and data and allows users to answer questions, reveal patterns and make more informed decisions.
GIS data layers are maintained by several County departments.
For more information about the data, contact the respective departments.
- Stormwater – Public Works
- Standing water/Mosquito – Public Works
- Survey Monuments – Public Works
- Flood Plains – Public Works
- Utilities (Water & Sewer) – Public Utilities
- Tax Parcels & Appraisal information – Real Estate Assessment
- Subdivisions & Condos – Real Estate Assessment
- Land Use – Planning
- Zoning – Planning
- POD’s – Planning
- Enterprise Zones – Community Revitalization
- County Parks – Recreation & Parks
- Voting precincts – Registrar’s office
- Street Centerlines – GIS Office
- Aerial imagery – GIS Office
- Planimetrics – GIS Office
Looking for information on….
- For custom map requests – Permit Center
- Need an address assigned – Planning
- Looking for land records – Circuit Court Clerk
- Questions about parcels/property – Real Estate Division
P. O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273-0775