The Virginia WIC Program serves low-income pregnant, lactating and postpartum women and children up to age five.
Are you eligible for WIC?
- To be eligible for WIC, you must be pregnant, breastfeeding, just had a baby or have a child under 5.
- Be a resident of Virginia.
- You must have a nutritional need (this is determined at your local WIC clinic).
- Your income* must be within the following guidelines:
WIC Income Guide
Count a pregnant woman as 2.
For each additional family member, add $7,733 to the yearly income. (For example, a family of 9 making $84,175 a year is income eligible for WIC. Certification to the program is based upon residential eligibility, categorical eligibility, income eligibility (185% of poverty) and nutritional need based on a medical/nutritional assessment.
*Income for determining eligibility is the gross income based on USDA guidelines for the WIC Program.
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC) - The Virginia WIC Program serves low-income pregnant, lactating and postpartum women and children up to age five.