COVID-19 Community Test Distribution Events
RHHD is offering free self-swab COVID-19 PCR tests and is distributing free at-home COVID-19 tests in Richmond City and Henrico County. Test events are subject to change or cancellation. Locations are accessible for wheelchairs and other mobility support devices. Car-side service is also available on-site as needed.
- If you need testing for travel purposes, you should find the requirements and contact your primary care provider or go to an urgent care for testing.
Click here for up-to-date testing distribution sites and times in the Richmond/Henrico Area.
AT-HOME TESTING KITS
The Richmond and Henrico Health Districts provide free at-home tests for distribution to the community. Free tests are limited, and if you have insurance it is likely that tests you purchase can be reimbursed, please see below for more information.
Richmond Public Libraries
The Richmond Public Library has FREE at-home tests available for pick-up at these select locations during regular operating hours:
- Broad Rock Branch – 4820 Old Warwick Rd, Richmond, VA 23224
- East End Branch – 1200 N 25th St, Richmond, VA 23223
- Ginter Park Branch – 1200 Westbrook Ave, Richmond, VA 23227
- Main Library – 101 E Franklin St, Richmond, VA 23219
- TEMPORARILY CLOSED
North Avenue Branch – 2901 North Ave, Richmond, VA 23222
If you are experiencing symptoms, please send a healthy helper inside or call the branch to request contactless pickup.
RHHD Resource Centers
RHHD’s Resource Centers have FREE at-home tests available for pick-up at these locations. Call for availability or visit during clinic operating hours:
- Creighton Resource Center – 2150 Creighton Rd, Richmond, VA 23223 – (804) 371-0433
- Fairfield Resource Center – 2311 N 25th St, Richmond, VA 23223 – (804) 786-4099
- Gilpin Resource Center – 436 Calhoun St Richmond VA 23220 – (804) 786-1960
- Hillside Resource Center – 1615 Glenfield Avenue Richmond, VA 23224 – (804) 230-7740
- Mosby Resource Center – 1536 Coalter Street Richmond, VA 23223 – (804) 786-0204
- Southwood Resource Center – 1754 Clarkson Rd #B Richmond VA 23224 – (804) 230-2077
- Whitcomb Resource Center – 2106 Deforrest St Richmond, VA 23223 – (804) 786-0555
If you are experiencing symptoms, please send a healthy helper inside or call the Resource Center to request contactless pickup.
Pharmacies and Grocery Stores
A variety of COVID-19 at-home tests can be purchased over-the-counter from most pharmacies and some grocery and convenience stores. You should check directly with local pharmacies and other small businesses. Not every store will carry tests, but the following companies are known to carry home tests in our area:
- Food Lion
- Rite Aid
- Walmart // Sam’s Club
- Home tests can usually also be bought online from most of the retailers listed above, Amazon or other online retailers, or direct from the manufacturer.
If you have health insurance, your insurance plan should reimburse you for up to eight (8) home tests a month. Learn more about home test reimbursement on the CMS website. You should check with your insurance provider to determine their policies on reimbursement.
You can also visit the CDC website for helpful videos on how to take a COVID self-test at home.
COVID-19 PUBLIC TESTING SITES AT URGENT CARE CENTERS & FAMILY CLINICS
Download List of COVID-19 Richmond/Henrico-Area Public Testing Sites
TEST RESULTS HOTLINE
Individuals will be notified of their results in 5-7 business days. Our staff will notify individuals who test positive or have inconclusive test results within 3 business days. Individuals seeking confirmation or documentation of a negative test result can call our COVID-19 Call Center at 804-205-3501 (M-F 8 AM-5 PM) on or after the third business day following their test. Voice messages will be returned within 1 business day. Documentation can be securely emailed to you upon request.
MAKE YOUR TEST RESULTS COUNT!
Tracking the spread and number of cases in our community is important. The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering and the National Institutes of Health have created an online tool for you to anonymously submit your COVID-19 at-home test results. None of the information submitted can be traced back to you and specific personal information isn’t included.