- Become a Henrico Master Gardener Volunteer - Henrico Master Gardeners are trained volunteer educators. They work within their local communities to encourage and promote environmentally sound horticulture practices through sustainable landscape management education and training.
- Call the Horticulture Helpline for answers to your Lawn & Garden Questions! - A team of trained Master Gardeners are available to help answer gardening and pest questions, and solve problems using current research-based information.
- Don’t Guess, Soil Test! - A soil test can provide information on the proper amount of lime and fertilizer to apply to your lawn, garden and other areas of your landscape.
- Garden Talks – Do You Need a Speaker? - The Henrico Extension Office offers presentations to interested garden clubs, civic organizations, homeowners associations, and other community organizations in Henrico County.
- Join Henrico 4-H! - 4-H provides a large variety of educational learning opportunities and experiences. Leadership, citizenship, and life skills are taught through learn-by-doing projects, local club programs, and 4-H camps, as well as at county, district, state, and national events.
- Join the SMART Lawns Program - SMART Lawns is a seasonal, comprehensive program that teaches a step-by-step approach to building healthy lawns and provides participants a plan tailored to fit their specific lawn-care needs.
- Need a Grower’s Certificate? - A Grower's Certificate confirms that a Henrico County citizen grows or produces items within Henrico County and is therefore eligible to sell these items, unprocessed and unprepared, in Henrico County. Items may include vegetables, fruits, poultry, eggs, flowers, herbs, etc
- SMART Scapes - Master Gardener teams educate homeowners on best management practices for a beautiful, healthy and sustainable landscape. This includes a focus on conservation practices to restore and protect our local watersheds, reducing the use of water, fertilizer, herbicides, and pesticides.
- Submit a Sample to the Plant Diagnostic Clinic - Professional staff and Master Gardeners in our Diagnostic Lab identify insects, plants, plant diseases, and weed problems, offering the latest management methods along with background and life cycle information.