How does the Restitution Program work?
You have been ordered by the Court to pay restitution to a person or business. The Henrico Community Corrections Program and County Finance Department will monitor these payments.
In order for us to monitor your payments, do not pay the victim directly; you will pay Henrico County. The County will send a Henrico government check for the same amount to the victim. To make sure you get credit for making your payments, you must follow these instructions:
1. Keep your copy of the RESTITUTION ORDER given to you in Court. This is a legal order from the Court. Notice what your SUBSIDIARY ACCOUNT NUMBER is. You must give this number whenever you make a payment.
2. Look at the restitution order to see how much you owe and when payments are due. You may have to pay monthly, weekly, or otherwise ordered by the Court.
3. The total amount you owe is written on the line marked TOTAL OWED. This amount includes a “Monitoring Fee,” which is ordered by the court and helps pay the cost of processing your payments.
4. Payments must be in cash or in the form of a money order made out to the “County of Henrico”. No personal checks or credit cards are accepted.
5. Remember, to get credit for making payments, you must always tell the cashier your subsidiary account number. If paying with a money order write the subsidiary account number on your money order.
Your Subsidiary Account Number is:
6. As soon as you make payment, we will send a check for the same amount to the victim.
7. IF YOU FAIL TO PAY AS ORDERED, YOUR CASE WILL BE RETURNED TO COURT FOR A VIOLATION HEARING!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call (804) 501-7381.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAYING RESTITUTION
Payments can be made in the following ways:
2 places to pay:
- At the Cashier’s Window in the Henrico County Government Center Administration Building, located next to the Courts Building on Parham Road
- At the Henrico County Eastern Government County Eastern Center, located at 3829 Nine Mile Road
Office hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday. Payments can be either cash or money order; no personal checks will be accepted.
Place a money order in one of the Finance Department’s Drop Boxes, which are located in the Henrico Government Centers (East and West) parking lots.
By U.S. Mail:
Please address the envelope in the following manner:
County of Henrico
P.O. Box 90775
Henrico, VA 23273
When doing this, you must remember to:
Include your Subsidiary account number.
Use money orders only; cash will not be accepted.
Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you would like a receipt.