Guidance for Assisted Living Facilities
Henrico County’s Division of Fire Resources
Personal Protective Equipment
Once a case has been identified in your facility, these are case management recommendations:
- Active Case Recommendations
- Contact your local health department for more detailed guidance based on your individual facility – (804) 205 – 3501
- CDC recommends universal source control for healthcare personnel. Visit this resource to learn best practices for screening your personnel before every shift.
Guidance for a test-based strategy for facilities:
- VDH Guidance Prioritization of Point Prevalence Surveys
- If you have a symptomatic resident, request a test kit here.
MRC Volunteer Resources
- Memorandum of Understanding Governing Medical Reserve Corps Volunteers
- If you need MRC Volunteers for Staffing support, request volunteers here.
CMS Guidance on Reporting Cases
Reinforced guidelines of where facilities are required to report new cases and how this information may be shared between facilities (CMS notice)
American Health Care Association- Creating Messaging for Families, Residents, and Patients Messaging Templates for Families, Residents and Patients (Navigate between the audience and scroll down for templates for multiple instances).
New Admissions Guidance
- CDC provides guidance on how to safely admit new residents with a test-based strategy and a non-test-based strategy