- This event has passed.
October 26, 2016 at 4:30 pm
The Henrico County office of Virginia Cooperative Extension is selling apples, peanuts, honey and cookbooks to benefit local 4-H youth programs.
The sale features Virginia produce and six different cookbooks, each with more than 140 recipes. The items and prices are:
- Winesap or York apples, $20 per half-bushel, or 83 cents per pound;
- Raw peanuts, with recipes, $10 per 2-pound sack;
- Salted or unsalted cocktail peanuts, $15 per 2-pound sack;
- Honey, $10 per 1-pound jar; and
- Cookbooks, $8 apiece. The titles are “On the Grill,” “Kids in the Kitchen,” “Slow Cooker,” “Homemade Classics,” “Cookies & Bars” and “Quick Fix.” Each spiral-bound cookbook measures 5½ by 4¼ inches and includes a soft cover and 150 pages.
Order forms are available at henrico.us/extension, the Extension Office, any Henrico library or by calling (804) 501-5160. A check or money order payable to Henrico 4-H Fund must accompany each order.
Because supplies are limited, orders received after Wednesday, Oct. 26 will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Orders will be available for pickup from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10 and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11 at the loading dock of the Human Services Building, 8600 Dixon Powers Drive