October 27, 2018 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Henrico Police is proud to host four collection sites across Henrico County for the DEA National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, October 27, 2018, 10 a.m-2 p.m.
Henrico Training Center 7701 E. Parham Road
Varina Public Library 1875 New Market Road
Eastern Henrico Recreation Center 1440 N. Laburnum Avenue
Wegmans – Short Pump 12200 Wegmans Boulevard
IT’S SAFE. IT’S FREE. IT’S ANONYMOUS. **NO NEEDLES OR SHARPS ACCEPTED**
Too often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands, leading to accidental poisoning, overdose and abuse. Think you can just flush or throw prescription drugs in the trash?
- Drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or even illegally sold.
- Drugs that are flushed contaminate our water supply.
- Please use this Prescription Drug Take Back day as an opportunity to clean out your medicine cabinet and turn in your unused or expired prescription medications.
Did You Know?
- The non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America.
- The majority of teenagers abusing prescription drugs get them from family and friends … and the home medicine cabinet.
- Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription or a doctor’s supervision.