- This event has passed.
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
April 28, 2018 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Henrico Police will host collection site for DEA National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, April 28, 10 am-2 pm at three convenient locations:
- Henrico Training Center, 7701 E. Parham Road
- Varina Public Library, 1875 New Market Road
- Eastern Henrico Recreation Center, 1440 N. Laburnum Avenue
Too often, unused prescription drugs find their way into the wrong hands, leading to accidental poisoning, overdose and abuse.
Think you can just flush or throw prescription drugs in the trash?
• Drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or even illegally sold.
• Drugs that are flushed contaminate our water supply.
Please use this DEA Drug Take Back day as an opportunity to clean out your medicine cabinet and turn in your unused or expired prescription medications. IT’S SAFE. IT’S FREE. IT’S ANONYMOUS.
**NO NEEDLES OR SHARPS ACCEPTED**
Did You Know?
• The non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America.
• The majority of teenagers abusing prescription drugs get them from family and friends … and the home medicine cabinet.
• Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription or a doctor’s supervision.