- This event has passed.
Free Document Shredding and Electronics Recycling
October 7, 2017 at 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM IDENTITY THEFT!
The Henrico County Police Division and Solid Waste Division have joined forces to offer a free document shredding and e-recycling event, in conjunction with Henrico Community Day, Saturday, October 7, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the football stadium parking lot of Hermitage High School (officers and directional signs will be on site to direct traffic).
FREE DOCUMENT SHREDDING
Bring up to two boxes (10″ x 13″ x 18″) or three paper grocery bags of documents containing your personal information to be shredded for free.
- NO recyclable paper items accepted.
- Personal documents only.
- DO NOT USE PLASTIC BAGS to bring shredding materials–paper bags or boxes only.
FREE ELECTRONICS RECYCLING
Items accepted at no charge:
- Computer systems (hard drive, CPU, monitor)
- Computer accessories (cables, wires, keyboards, mice, speakers, etc.)
- FAX machines
- Micro-wave ovens
Items accepted with fee:
The following items require special handling due to the leaded glass and mercury they contain. Payment is accepted by cash or check only.
- TVs less than 27″ – $23
- TVs larger than 27″ – $30
Items not accepted:
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- AC units