2018 Committee Meetings
- To Be Determined
Additional meeting dates to be determined.
Audit Committee’s Statement of Purpose
The Audit Committee was created by the Board of Supervisors on January 26, 1983 during a Board Work Session to help find ways the County can reduce expenses. This Statement of Purpose identifies the responsibilities of the Audit Committee and other related matters.
Representative responsibilities of the Audit Committee include:
- Reviewing the independent auditors’ proposed audit scope and approach.
- Communicating with and reviewing the activities and effectiveness of the internal audit function including the audit plan.
- Reviewing financial statements and the results of the independent audit.
- Considering management’s recommendation on the appointment of independent auditors.
- Overseeing or conducting special investigations or other functions on behalf of the Board of Supervisors.
The Audit Committee schedule includes:
- A pre-audit meeting with the independent auditors to:
- Develop a basic familiarity with their approach and the scope of their examination.
- Obtain the auditors’ advice about internal controls and special areas that may need attention.
- Become aware of recent developments in accounting principles or reporting practices that may affect the County.
RE-APPROVED: May 9, 2017 by the Audit Committee Members—