Improve processes and accountability within Government.
- Review for proper safeguarding of General Government assets;
- Examine for compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Audit for reliability and integrity of County information;
- Evaluate for effective and efficient operations.
- Conduct scheduled Internal Audits to evaluate controls, note commendable practices and recommend workable improvements;
- Follow Up on prior Audits to determine complete, monitored and effective implementation of agreed upon action plans.
- Assist with the County’s annual external audit.
- Audit Special Projects for corrective actions as required.
- Advise and consult with County Management for improvements in operating efficiencies, effectiveness and results.
- Administer Office activities for continuous training and skills development, excellent quality and adherence to independence with integrity; staff Audit Committee.
Since objectivity is essential to the successful accomplishment of the audit function, auditing is a staff rather than a line activity. Auditors are professionally prohibited from developing or installing procedures, preparing operational records or engaging in any activities which might give the appearance of a conflict of interest.
See the Internal Audit page on the Henrico County Schools website for more about the services performed for the school system.