The Transportation Development Division plans, applies for funding, programs, and manages transportation and infrastructure capital projects. This includes road, bridge, bicycle and pedestrian, and drainage improvement projects. The Division coordinates with other divisions within Public Works, other County Departments, VDOT, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (VDRPT), Richmond Regional Transportation Planning Organization (RRTPO), GRTC, and other localities on all matters related to transportation planning and infrastructure improvements.
The Transportation Development Division also manages the contract with GRTC to provide transit service in the County. This includes local and express bus service, as well as CARE specialized transportation.
Current Transportation & Infrastructure Projects
Additional Projects in Henrico County
- VDOT Greenwood Road Bridge Replacement
- VDOT Huguenot Road Corridor Improvements
- VDOT Intersection Improvements near St. Joseph’s Villa
- VDOT I-64 Bridge Replacement over Nine Mile Road
- VDOT Parham Road/Patterson Avenue Intersection Improvements
- VDOT Pedestrian Accomodations along W. Broad Street
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
- DC2RVA Southeast High Speed Rail project